SunGate Solar is the leading solar design, installation, and service company in South Sudan. SunGate Solar has been operating throughout South Sudan since 2013 and has sold and installed over 500 kW of solar energy systems. SunGate Solar is expanding to also be the first developer, implementer, and operator of solar micro-grids in South Sudan. We are looking for a Customer Engagement Associate (CEA) to join our team.
The CEA will play a critical role in supporting the mission of SunGate Solar by identifying potential mini-grid sites and finding potential customers. You will be responsible for marketing and collecting applications from customers for solar micro-grids and electric devices, including new cooking appliances
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, this position will be located in our Wanyjok, Northern Bahr el Ghazal State office, with extensive travel required to support stakeholders in other parts of the state. Some international travel may be required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting site-surveying to identify potential micro-grid sites and customers.
- Assisting with customer application and on-boarding processes to find and enroll customers for micro-grid installations and devices, including solar electric cooking appliances.
- Communicating effectively with village leaders to explain the micro-grid concept, obtain land lease agreements, and ensure positive community relationships for micro-grid sites.
- Educating and registering micro-grid customers during micro-grid installations.
- Providing post-installation customer service to micro-grid and electric appliance customers.
- Supporting the development of guidance and outreach materials.
- Conducting surveys and interviews with customers and other stakeholders.
- Assisting with training and demonstration events.
- Collecting and transcribing participant diaries while using new electric devices and appliances.
- Documenting participant and project success through photos, videos, and stories.
- Recording and relaying participant challenges or issues to SunGate technicians and other project team members.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA or equivalent education.
- At least 3 years of relevant past business experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong connection with and enthusiasm for local communities, particularly women.
- Ability to communicate, engage, and connect with households.
- Some knowledge of cultural practices related to cooking in South Sudan.
- Basic experience with using tablets (or ability to learn).
To apply for this position, please fill in and submit the form below. Be sure to upload a copy of your resume / CV. Please paste your cover letter in the field provided and describe:
- Why you are a good fit for this position.
- Your date of availability.
- Desired salary range.
- Current work situation.
- Type the names and contact information for 2-3 professional references in the field provided.